Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Success Again---Never Forget Where You Came From"

Global Star Capital Blog posted by Rich Cocovich, C.E.O

"Success Again---Never Forget Where You Came From"

I have decided to post this Blog today based on the recent travelings I have completed consulting new clients. The message is "Never Forget Where You Came From".

The "Success Again" portion of the title above is there for a reason. I have successfully administered services for two additional new clients. One is located in Cambodia and the other in North Carolina, USA.

The difference in cultures is obvious, however the real difference is in the complete project specific comparisons and the principals involved. First the Cambodia project. It is a large real estate deal with many complex sectors and individuals involved, not to mention a Government that can change at the drop of a hat. The CEO and major principal of this project is a pleasurable person, however he is deeply devoted to "delegating" and living a "high life". His only concern is making money and supporting his lifestyle. He realizes my capabilities and how I shoot from the hip, so it will be no shock for him to read this. I took the project on because I knew that I could propel it into the right hands to close. This project and the CEO chased many avenues over the course of a year to which all failed or disappeared. After a long process of explanation, he met with me in person and the rest fell into place.

Second, the North Carolina project. It is a simple "Mom and Pop" store situation that wanted to expand to more locations. After meeting in person, I was hired on as a full consultant to get their paperwork up to speed and then find an investor. I spent four days in their small town in Eastern North Carolina USA. I lived and breathed their project. I had a conversation with the "Mom and Pop" principal about the large Cambodian project and the difficult time frames working with the CEO because of his practices etc. To my astonishment, the "Mom and Pop" principal said, "He forgot where he came from". Correct. "He forgot where he came from".

This hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought about the small town in Pennsylvania USA where I was raised. I thought about the actor Jimmy Stewart who was from my town and donated major money for our well being. I thought about shaking Jimmy's hand when I was 11 and wanting to be just like him. I thought about how the community where I lived relied on each other and hired one another professionally to gain success in building their dreams. I thought about all of the people who helped me achieve my own success from this small home town and smiled knowing that I have not forgotten my roots.

I watched the "Mom and Pop" principal shake everyone's hand and say hello as we traveled in his area. He obviously knows where he came from and how to make it work for him.

As most of you who know me realize, I have been extremely fortunate in my profession to meet people from all around the world based on my hard work. To those who are high powered CEO's or have a large project in the multi-millions of dollars, I cannot stress that the small projects are just as important as yours because of one aspect---success---it is critical to everyone's survival. "Never forgetting where you came from" is the base of the success model we all need.

You can read more about Rich Cocovich in the MEET THE CEO section of the Global Star Capital website (http://www.globalstarcapital.com/).

No comments: